“Having grown up on the East Coast and through 9 different corporate relocation moves ending up on the West Coast, I have a unique perspective and compassion for the stress and sometimes the uncertainty, that can come along with change. Whether it is a local, national or international move, I am here to reassure you I will be here to help you with my experience, expertise and commitment to you…every step of the way.
- Lou had early “on the job” training in real estate and became an expert in relocation as a corporate wife who was transferred through several states, from the East Coast to the Mid West and eventually the West Coast.
- All with 4 little kids in tow. Even then, she was able to identify the premium communities in each city and determine the ones that provided the best in schools, commute, amenities, lifestyle and culture…all before the advent of the internet.
- Eventually settling on Mercer Island in 1977, she began her real estate career in earnest in 1978. Having had the experience of many different homes and cities, she was excited to help newcomers to this region feel centered and “home.”
- Lou quickly became involved in the development of several new construction projects on the Eastside, which provided her with a unique opportunity to work with a variety of home builders and buyers inthe Bellevue, Issaquah and Sammamish Plateau areas as well as Mercer Island. Lou was the original site broker for The Lakes on Mercer Island, a community that has truly stood the test of time and is still a sought after neighborhood on the Island today.
- Lou continues to have a passion for people and real estate. Whether it’s new construction, a resale home, first time buyer or a waterfront estate, her energy and enjoyment of the process is contagious.
“Helping people with not only their biggest financial investment, but also their biggest emotional investment, is my life’s work. There is no better feeling than matching the two. The smile on my clients’ faces when I hand over the keys to their new home is a feeling like none other!”
- Lori is a graduate of Mercer Island High School and has a degree from the University of Oregon, in Journalism and Advertising. Her first job out of college was in the advertising department of the corporate office of John L Scott Real Estate.
- During her time in advertising she worked with individual real estate brokers to promote their client’s properties, as well as with builders who were developing plats and building new homes throughout the greater King County region. The lessons she learned during this tenure were invaluable and remain constant skills that she continues to use in her business every single day.
- In 1989, after several years in the corporate world, Lori changed courses and began her career in real estate sales. Working initially in the Bellevue office of John L Scott, she became an expert in contracts and negotiations while representing single family home builders, downtown condominium developers and individual home buyers and sellers.
- In 1991 and after the birth of her first child, Connor, Lori transferred to the Mercer Island office of John L Scott. She and her mother, Lou Glatz, began a partnership and formed “The Lou and Lori Team.”
- The team is rooted in the values of market knowledge, honesty, trust and old fashioned hard work. These ideals have allowed this mother/daughter and now son team to flourish in many changing markets throughout the last 25 years.
“I am amazed by what my mom and grandmother have accomplished in real estate over the last 25 plus years. I am thrilled to be a part of the team and proud to continue their legacy here on Mercer Island and throughout the entire Seattle/Metro area.”
- Connor Holden joins The Lou and Lori Team after graduating with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Advertising and Journalism from the University of Idaho in 2014.
- To have the inside pulse on the Millennial generation has given the team a unique perspective into the future.
- Not only does he bring a youthful enthusiasm to the team but he has also provided an introduction and breadth of knowledge to the effect and importance of social media, the speed at which his generation insists on receiving information, as well as their trends in acquiring real estate.
- Although Connor is the newest addition to the team, real estate has been a constant with him since he was born. He has an amazing spacial ability that far exceeds his years in the field.
- Looking at a blueprint and having a grasp of a floor plan is nothing short of second nature for him. He often toured properties with Lou and Lori when he was younger and as a result couldn’t help but absorb layouts, floor plans, finish work, quality, design, scale and size.
- Lou and Lori are excited about continuing their legacy with the addition of Connor to their team.
- He has his sight set on being a force in real estate and there is no doubt that he will stop at nothing to meet his goals while maintaining the standard of integrity already expected and established by his family.